Get 3DNow! Message Board
  Team 3DNow! DNet
  Manual Flushing

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Author Topic:   Manual Flushing
Colin Morey
Follower of Athlon
posted November 30, 1999 15:59     Click Here to See the Profile for Colin Morey     Edit/Delete Message
O.k. lemme describe my setup,
basically I have (currently) 2 machines, one of which has the modem attached, they are both networked.
I run the win32 client on one, and the linux one on the other.
what I would like to be able to do, is run the win32 proxy to serve the blocks to the 2 clients, what i don't want to do uis have this running constantly, as it will eat up CPU cycles, so I need a way of forcing the linux client to upload any blocks it has done, as and when I ask it to, which at the moement will be when I start up the client. is there any combination of setting that will send off all completed blocks, and grab the new set, and then continue merrily until I restart it?

can anyone help? If I can getthis solved, I'll be adding another machine to the equation.

Colin

IP: Logged

Osiris
Priest of Athlon
posted November 30, 1999 16:24     Click Here to See the Profile for Osiris     Edit/Delete Message
Colin,

The best advice I have at this point in time (till I get the next linux clients out in a day or so) is this:

When you want to flush the linux client:
Stop the client
Set the outbufmax to 1
Start the client, let it flush
stop the client
set the outbufmax back to whatever you had it
start the client again

You could probably script all this, by copying .inis rather than editing them. Sorry I know it's not the best solution and I'm working on cleaning it up.

Steve

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US) next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

| Get 3DNow!

All submissions are copyrighted by their respective authors and are not for re-use in any form without their explicit written consent.